For those of us who value sports nutrition,
as applied to individuals who participate in rigorous sports training, this branch of dietary research is of utmost importance. Sports that require proper nutrition
include strength training, weight lifting and bodybuilding, as well as endurance training like cycling and running. Whichever type of sports you enjoy and love, it remains vitally important to feed your body the correct that it needs in order to function optimally. There are many variables that set the best athletes apart, but the fact remains that correct nutrition
and a optimum combination of sports supplements
can represent a very real difference between winning or losing.Read More »
objectives can be summarised as follows:
- Preparing athletes for performance or extended periods of training.
- To maintain a certain level of performance or training.
- Aiding the body with regard to recovery from performance or training.
- Maintaining a certain body image or weight. This is important in sports such as bodybuilding, horse racing and cycling.
What is indispensible however is a balanced diet that consists of the correct ratio of carbohydrates, proteins and fats, not forgetting the intake of both micro- and macro nutrients. This, however, may not be enough. Intense training depletes the body of crucial nutrients, much in the same way as illness would, and in order to replenish these stores some sports supplements
may be necessary. All-natural supplements
have come a long way indeed and there are a large assortment of products on the market today that provide a complete nutritional solution.
What is important to remember is that each individual is unique and responds differently to the sport supplements. The most crucial elements for any athletic pursuit remain sports-specific nutrition and a complementary training regime. As consumers we are frequently bombarded by both print and audiovisual advertisements that are constantly punting a new and advanced solution to weight loss or muscle growth. This can be intensely confusing. It begs the question whether you should be taking creatine, protein supplements, minerals or vitamins, or all of the above. Should you, furthermore, be focused on building muscle or boosting your basal metabolic rate? HMB, DHEA, glutamine – which option is the correct one for you?
For the best answer to these questions, consult a trainer or your personal physician. Sports supplements
can be a matter of great debate, particularly for skilled athletes who need to consider the legalities of certain substances. Protein, however, has been linked with sports performance for decades, thereby constituting a safer way to supplement your nutritional intake.
Various factors influence the athlete’s specific protein requirements, including:
- The intensity of the specific exercise that the athlete engages in. The more strenuous the exercise, the more protein is required.
- The length of any training session, plus the included event. The longer the physical exertion period is, the greater the protein requirement of the athlete will be.
- The specific energy content of any athlete’s diet. Specific types of athletes such as dancers, lightweight wrestlers and gymnasts limit their body weight by restricting the amount of kilojoules they consume. For these athletes, as well as those who stick to a vegetarian diet, it is important to supplement existing protein intake.
- Gender. The male body fat burns easily. The female body, on the other hand, stores protein and carbohydrates as fat, leading to a more difficult weight loss regime. Women should take care when replenishing their protein stores during training for it may stay resident in the body for longer than expected.
We also offer a range of muscle rubs that, when combined with proper massage techniques, can have various benefits for the sportsman- or woman. These include:
- The prevention of injuries.
- Boosted performance
- Curing and restoring mobility to injured muscle tissue
- Improved elasticity and micro-circulation
Proper sports nutrition
is a great way to up your game and natural supplements
can be of a great help. As you structure your diet
correctly, you will begin to see the benefits.